AMEG meeting in San Francisco, 11th December 2013
- 10.30 Introductions
- 10.40 Discussion about the Arctic situation from latest evidence on temperature, sea ice, methane, Greenland Ice Sheet and ocean circulation
- 11.20 Official launch of AMEG response to AR5 (WG1 and WG2) - press invited
- 11.40 Presentation of the AMEG case for urgent action - press invited
- 12.00 Break for informal discussion with refreshments
- 12.30 Discussion of latest ideas for measures and techniques to cool the Arctic, save the sea ice and suppress methane, including 10-minute presentations of several geoengineering techniques.
- 1.20 Summing up
- 1.30 End of the meeting
The Arctic Community Meeting Room is reserved for the AMEG meeting “Arctic Warming, Sea Ice Retreat, and Methane Emissions” on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 at 10:30 am - 1:30 pm. We will be in Pacific Room I on the 4th floor of the San Francisco Marriott Marquis (780 Mission Street).
Arctic Methane: Why The Sea Ice Matters
Methane Hydrates: Hazard or Resource
Deprecated: Non-static method modLatestNewsWithIntroHelper::getList() should not be called statically in /home/ameg/public_html/modules/mod_latestnewswithintro/mod_latestnewswithintro.php on line 12
Paul Beckwith at Ecoshock
Saving the Arctic Ice
Nathan Currier describes responses to the emergency in the Arctic in the post Saving the Arctic Ice: Greenpeace, Greenwashing and Geoengineering (#1), concluding that geoengineering will have to be part of the action.
AMEG issues policy brief
AMEG issues policy brief, urging immediate government action.